Wordless Wednesday

Not so wordless this week
Storm Damage 7/19/2010
2010 Tucson Monsoon Storm Damage
This is my sons room...the room I sent him into when the storm hit to close his window....  He got "scared" out 1SECOND before my neighbors horse shelter hit this side of my house and exploded into pieces...  That piece of wood is stuck in my little girls room...
2010 Tucson Monsoon Storm Damage
This is one of many glass shards stuck in his wall opposite of the window, next to the door he ran out of.
2010 Tucson Monsoon Storm Damage

The playhouse Hubs built the kids....More of the flying horse shelter....
2010 Tucson Monsoon Storm Damage
My poor chicken coop lost a roof and their yard all 12 4x4's snapped.  All chickens accounted for and given extra love.

This was by far the most terrifying storm I've ever been in.  I was alone with 4 kids.  Without power without phone without my big strong man to comfort me.  I have never felt wind that powerful.  My hallway was like a vacuum.  Glass is everywhere, glass powder everywhere.  Debris everywhere.  My neighbors lost roofs, outbuildings, fencing posts, and awnings.  But no one lost anything precious.  Lives.  All are safe.  Animals unscathed.

We're uncertain at whose to blame for the rain dance that day.....  Tucson Monsoon 7/19/2010

10 Sweet Comments:

Dominique @Dominique's Desk said...

That's some really terrible damage by the storm. The weather's really freaky nowadays. Great to hear that all the kids are safe.

We are having freak flash floods where I'm living..twice this month!!

Katie said...

I am so sorry that happened. I am glad to hear everyone is safe..but WOW...unbelievable what Mother Nature can do!

Eat To Live said...

I am following you from Welcome Wednesday.

Hope you stop over and follow me back.
http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/

Anjanette aka. MommaYoung said...

Wow that is horrible, but I am so glad to hear you are safe after such a blast...

Big Fat Gini said...

Oh my goodness! I grew up in North Texas and we used to get some pretty wacky storms. But I don't think I've ever seen anything like that! Glad you and your babies are safe!

Anonymous said...

As much as I love watching storms, I'd rather not be a part of one! Whoa!

Unknown said...

Hi,

Cute blog!
Coming over from Kelly's Lucky You,
I "liked" you on FB!

Happy Wednesday!

Lisa

Mary T said...

I came by to enter the Brugo giveaway and saw your wordless wednesday post on fb. Thank goodness everyone is ok! Stuff can be replaced. God was watching out for you guys!

Jenn Erickson said...

First, great blog name!! Wow, that was quite a storm. I can't even imagine. Those pictures really tell a scary tale. I hope you never have to experience another storm of that caliber ever again. I'm glad that you and your family weren't hurt.

Hopping by from "Boost My Blog Fridays". Glad to meet you and follow you too. Have a great weekend! Jenn

A GAL NEEDS... said...

That was some storm. Good thing your boy got out of there fast! Glass coming at you at about 50 mph would not be good. Thank goodness he is safe!

Post a Comment

◄▬▬▬| ♥۩۞۩♥ WELCOME ♥۩۞۩♥ |▬▬▬►
Sprinkle you with comment love
☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻ (✿◠‿◠)☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ჻☆჻ ☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ჻☆჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻ (✿◠‿◠)☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ჻☆჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻(✿◠‿◠)☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*(✿◠‿◠)

๑۩๑ ๑۩๑Thanks For Stopping By (✿◠‿◠)๑۩๑ ๑۩๑


up