Spay Day USA


Spay Day is an annual campaign of The Humane Society of the United States and Humane Society International to inspire people to save animals through spay/neuter.


Living out in the desert I OFTEN see animals dropped off. Puppies in boxes dead because they were too small to get out and try to survive. Skinny skinny dogs roaming around with cacti on the mouth, as if they were trying to eat a cacti because really that's all that's out here. Our temperatures can reach 120 in the summer and 20's in the winter. There isn't much coverage to seek shelter from weather. But for some reason some people are choosing this horrific route for the animals they don't want....

Sick and injured animals abandoned is just but one of the cases I see.  Aggressive animals is a whole other story.  I once had a stray in our yard try to attack my son.  No one had seen it there before.  The dog jumped on my 4yr olds (at the time) head pushed him to the ground and went bite his neck. I quickly grabbed my sons arm and yanked as hard as I could, carried him and ran inside. That dog stayed on our steps and every time I opened the door he growled and barked....  We stayed inside until the PAC came...  Luckily my son was just scared and not bit.  But that sort of thing worries me now.


If your in Tucson AZ TODAY ONLY Free Spay & Neuter Surgeries in Southern Arizona 

To find events in your neighborhood go  HERE





For every human born today in the United States, 45 cats and 15 dogs will be born. Six to eight million will end up in shelters. (30 % pure bred - 55% unaltered). About half will be euthanized because there simply aren't enough homes. In addition, countless homeless animals, who never make it into shelters, will scratch out a meager existence on the streets - often becoming threats to public health and safety. This makes pet overpopulation the major cause of death and suffering for companion animals.

1 Sweet Comments:

Belle Isle Home said...

I never thought about strays trying to make it in the desert...it sounds rough. Thank you for writing about Spay Day USA.

Post a Comment

◄▬▬▬| ♥۩۞۩♥ WELCOME ♥۩۞۩♥ |▬▬▬►
Sprinkle you with comment love
☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻ (✿◠‿◠)☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ჻☆჻ ☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ჻☆჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻ (✿◠‿◠)☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ჻☆჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻(✿◠‿◠)☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*(✿◠‿◠)

๑۩๑ ๑۩๑Thanks For Stopping By (✿◠‿◠)๑۩๑ ๑۩๑


up