Choosing Your Infant Formula..What You Need To Know

I am a huge advocate of breastfeeding... when your able. But there were circumstances with some of my children that made it impossible to do so...

With Anthony, my oldest, I had to go back to work after only 3 months. I did pump, but being so busy, sometimes it just wasn't enough, sometimes I just didn't have the time. I'd pump on my breaks, rush home during lunch, in the middle of the night, basically if he wasn't eating I was pumping. After a few months of that I just gave in. With Caitlin, my youngest, I had to be put on medication due to the fact that after the epidural I had a leak of spinal fluid.

Apart from those situations, I've also had to supplement my own milk with powder. Wyatt, the youngest boy, was always hungry. I could sit for an hour with him and just when I thought he'd be done...he wanted more. This would be just about every other hour. He still my biggest eater.

When your not able to give your baby the breast, at least for me, it's heart breaking. Then your worried...are they really getting all they need out of this powder? How do I know what to choose. Is name-brand better than your favorite store brand formula?

Did you know that all infant formulas must be regulated by the FDA? That all are nutritionally equivalent?? That means the store brand formula, that is considerable less, and the name brand are exactly alike nutritionally! You could save a considerable amount of money over the duration of twelve months! We need that savings now more than ever! Especially young families starting out.

Also, a new WIC (Women's, Infants, and Children Program) initiative has begun as of October 1, 2009. It's aimed at increasing breastfeeding rates among families. It is reallocating it's funding for all currently provided foods including infant formula. Which is to say mothers on this program may have to start paying for their own infant formula.

There are so many reasons a mother may not be able to nurse. Health, time, situations. It's relieving to know there are safe alternatives.


Post?slot_id=

2 Sweet Comments:

Anonymous said...

I nursed my first for a full year but ended up having to have a breast reduction due to a back injury and not a drop came in with my second. Every time he'd catch a cold I felt responsible like if I could have nursed he wouldn't have but he's 18 months now and a happy, healthy tank of a boy!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean I'm that way with the kids too if only I'd of... then they wouldn't of... ♥♥

Post a Comment

◄▬▬▬| ♥۩۞۩♥ WELCOME ♥۩۞۩♥ |▬▬▬►
Sprinkle you with comment love
☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻ (✿◠‿◠)☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ჻☆჻ ☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ჻☆჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻ (✿◠‿◠)☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ჻☆჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻(✿◠‿◠)☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*(✿◠‿◠)

๑۩๑ ๑۩๑Thanks For Stopping By (✿◠‿◠)๑۩๑ ๑۩๑


up