Trashy Thursdays

For the month of March I said I would implement, as much as I could, about Earth friendly behavior into the kids school lessons. This is in honor of Earth Hour this month, which is the 28th at 8:30pm your local time. I know we should do this year round, but I guess somethings are better than nothing.

One of the things I wanted to do, was collect all the trash for the month to show how much an average family of 6 disposes of into the earth. So the kids can visually see their effect. It's gotta go somewhere. So I am designating my Thursday blogs to being Trashy Thursdays. A sort of update on the trash one family would dispose of.

I decided to put the trash in the not-yet-finished playhouse. Since no animal can get in and most of the roof is almost completed.

There are things in our pile that could be recycled, but I wanted the kids to see exactly how much we consume every month. Then recycle later, when the month is almost ending. We are however, still going to recycle what we find on our roads out here. That doesn't go with our stuff.


Here's Day 5

Photobucket

1 Sweet Comments:

Stacey said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming one of my followers. New followers are great and I really enjoy having new ones a lot. :) Sorry that it has been so long for me to respond back to you, but things have been a little crazy around our home and I have not had the chance to blog until today.

What a great lesson for the children! It will be one the remember for sure. :)

Blessings,
Stacey

Post a Comment

◄▬▬▬| ♥۩۞۩♥ WELCOME ♥۩۞۩♥ |▬▬▬►
Sprinkle you with comment love
☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻ (✿◠‿◠)☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ჻☆჻ ☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ჻☆჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻ (✿◠‿◠)☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`* ჻☆჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻(✿◠‿◠)☆჻*´¯`*჻☆჻*´¯`*(✿◠‿◠)

๑۩๑ ๑۩๑Thanks For Stopping By (✿◠‿◠)๑۩๑ ๑۩๑


up